Sunday, August 30, 2009

Loving You


As the summer draws to a close, I often wonder what kind of winter lies ahead for us. I skip over Fall, because in my heart, it makes me sad. I have never had a reason for the ache. Now, after almost a year, since my Daddy past away, I am welcoming Fall with open arms. It brings me warmth and joy to remember the time we spent together, and the true appreciation for having him in my life.

You see, God gives you people in your life for a reason. When Daddy met my mother, he met me too. HE chose US. He loved us enough to claim me as his daughter, and adopted me. He took care of me after Mommy past away, the best he knew how. And in turn, God granted me the gift of taking care of him, in his final hours of life. I was there to hold and comfort him. I was able to watch him take his final breath, as my Mommy came to bring his soul home to God.

Watching someone you love pass into another lifetime is almost as painful as dying yourself. But I beleive it is also a precious gift. No time wasted on "If I had only been there". I WAS there. I was blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, loving tribute to your Daddy. Yes, you were blessed...and he is missed by all who knew him & loved him:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as your Mommy is missed by all who knew and loved her, like Me :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey MeMe...check my blog a little later:) I chose you for an award! xo

    ReplyDelete